- Arrival & departure, transfer went without major problems.
- Sufficient space on board, since only 11 guests
- Spacious cabins
- Staff was very friendly and helpful
- Very good and sufficient food
- Good and flexible route (2nd day Daedalus) and trouble free rides.
- First and foremost the rental equipment:
o The pre-ordered rental material was not available. No jackets available in the size ordered.
o The received equipment (BCD & Regulator) was in miserable condition. The BCD/Regulator were mostly defective or in a catastrophic condition. The equipment leaked in several places (Inflator, Octopus, BCD quick release valves, etc.) and was patched up provisionally. It seems that the equipment was old, poorly maintained and not well cleaned. Some of the equipment was completely calcified, so that the inflator could not lock in place properly. When testing the regulator, you had your mouth full with some dirt.
o Furthermore there was no reserve material to have a backup in case of defective equipment. Neither for the unsuitable jackets nor for the unreliable regulator there was a replacement available. Not even spare lead belts were available. Even these were defective and had to be provisioned provisionally from other belts.
- No safety briefing on board at the beginning of the trip
- Only 1 dive guide for 11 divers
- Permanent repairs on the ship (WC flush/air conditioning)
- Payment was somewhat surprisingly possible with the credit card only in dollars or then in cash. All prices are in Euro.
Especially the rental equipment left a bad impression. Safe diving is different and it is worrying that the Royal Evolution compromises on equipment safety. From our point of view an absolutely unnecessary risk and irresponsible towards the guests.
Due to your preliminary information about the Royal Evolution, we expected certain deficiencies on the ship, but not the described experiences with the rental material.
(Text was automatically translated from german)